Breastfeeding is the most difficult, yet rewarding experience I have ever been through. If you want to read about my journey, check it out here. Lactation boosting products became my best friend, especially lactation cookies (I probably looked at a million lactation cookie recipes online) because I also found myself not having time to eat. So having healthy snacks that could also boost my milk supply around was super helpful.
The one thing I found myself struggling with was the variety of lactation cookies that were available to me. A lot of options sold in stores are packed with sugars and filler ingredients just focusing on packing in one lactation support ingredient. I would then resort to scouring Pinterest, but would find lactation cookie recipes with brewer’s yeast then packed with sugar, butter, flour, m&m’s and all these things I enjoy yet don’t want to eat daily.
This issue led me to co-found Majka, a company focused on wholesome nutrition for motherhood.
We couldn’t find lactation support that was made from good-for-you ingredients, while still boosting milk supply. I already had enough mom guilt for everything else I did and didn’t need to add my lactation cookies to the list hahaha I wanted something that I would feel good about eating.
Our Lactation Bites are a great alternative to the mainstream lactation cookies. They are filled with wholesome, whole food ingredients that promote a healthy milk supply. Another substitute is creating your very own, simple and healthy lactation bites. This is the best way to know you’re eating something that is beneficial to both you and your little one.
With that being said, it only seemed fitting to share one of my favorite, simple and healthy lactation cookie bites recipe! The best part of this recipe is that it’s made using Majka’s Nourishing Lactation Protein Powder so you reap the benefits of the powder (it’s a complete postnatal vitamin) and the other ingredients in this recipe. Let’s get into the details!
- 2 cups of rolled gluten free oats
- ¾ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of packed dates soaked overnight or in hot water for 10 minutes
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 scoop of Majka Nourishing Lactation Powder
- Gather all of the dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it’s well combined.
- Add in the soaked dates and maple syrup and blend until a dough like batter begins to form.
- Add a tablespoon of water if your mixture is not sticking together.
- Once well combined, roll the mixture into bite size balls.
- Place in a container and store them in the fridge as a yummy, lactation boosting snack option.
- You can even roll these Lactation Cookies in shredded coconut or dark chocolate chips to make them even more delicious!
As you can see, this lactation cookie recipe is seriously so simple, yet so nutritious. They are the perfect and quick snack especially for moms on the go. They are also gluten free and vegan (an added bonus!).
How can these cookies increase your milk supply? Oats and the Majka Nourishing Lactation Powder bring powerful galactogogues, aka they are a natural and safe way to possibly increase your milk supply through ingredients like milk thistle and fenugreek.
These cookies are also fortified with fiber from the seeds and dates, good fats from the coconut and almond butter, and protein from the Nourishing Lactation Powder and almond butter. Hard nutrients to find in your typical lactation cookies, but simple to create.
Even though I am no longer breastfeeding, I still love to make these bites as a yummy and nutritious snack option. Just one bite can provide you with so much of your daily nutrition and will leave you feeling satisfied and energized! If you’re in need of some other milk boosting recipes, here are some of my favorites!
- Mama – Approved Sweet Potato Blueberry Power Bowl
- Majka Nourishing Lactation Booster Hummus
- Majka Energy Boosting Date Bars
Do you have a go-to lactation boosting recipe that you swear by? I would love to know in the comments below! #callmelore