I am a self confessed consumer, and while I have a lot of passions, I have a true love for health and beauty products and cool technology gadgets. So when I heard about the new Dyson Hair Dryer, I was a little obsessed with it before even giving it a try.
When I saw it at Sephora, I decided to make the investment (literally as it’s $399). This was around 5 months ago now! Since then, I have loved it. Before I purchased it, I spent an hour (maybe two..I need to find a different hobby other than researching beauty and health products online) and one of the biggest benefits they mentioned was that it would actually help dry your hair faster. This was probably the main reason I bought it, because if you are like me and won’t even go to the grocery store with wet hair, then anything that claims to cut down your getting ready time is worth looking into.
What’s in the Box:
The hair dryer comes with three magnetic attachments: a smoothing nozzle (this one is my favorite), one for precise styling, and a diffuser. I really like that the nozzles don’t get hot, so if you are as talented as I am (ZERO talent for hair) this will save you from burning yourself.
- It leaves my hair smooth and I notice less frizz than with other hair dryers.
- It’s super light in weight compared to other hair dryers, so it’s not a workout to dry your hair.
- It’s not as loud as other dryers! It just sounds like white noise or a loud fan, so it’s way more pleasant to listen to.
- It does not have a fan on the back! This is huge for me, because inevitably I would get distracted and my hair would get tangled in there.
- It’s very small and compact, making it perfect for travel.
- The price is super high compared to other hair dryers.
- It really did not make much of a difference in the time it takes to blow dry my hair. Overall, it probably only saved me around 3 minutes.
How I Use It:
Like I mentioned before, the Dyson Hair Dryer has three attachments. I use the smoothing nozzle the most, as I usually just want to dry my hair before I curl it. The blow dryer comes with three heat settings, so since my hair is super super fine and delicate I use it on the lowest heat setting. This is probably why I don’t see a big difference in the time it takes to blow dry compared to other brands. Something else that I have found helpful to protect my hair & decrease style time is the Moroccan Oil for Thin Hair treatment. This product really helps make your hair shiny without weighing it down.
I hope that you found this review helpful. If you are on the fence and don’t know if you should try the Dyson dryer, I say give it shot!
Thanks so much for stopping by, I’ll see you all in my next post!
See the carousel below to shop the Dyson Dryer along with some of my favorite hair products.