So, I have been working on this post for probably more than two weeks now. Every time I start, something come up and I can’t seem to finish. Between Bloguettes and family vacations, I am constantly traveling. One of my biggest problems is that it doesn’t matter how short the trip is, I can’t bring just a carry-on suitcase because my toiletry bag is just as big as the entire suitcase (haha).
So now that I have Diego, and when you travel with a baby you have to pretty much pack your whole house, I have narrowed it down to some must haves that are perfect for travel and are convenient to bring.
So here’s my list:
I love this kit because it has everything you need in convenient travel size. All of Tata Harper’s products are pretty good and work really well, so you really can’t go wrong with this one. I find that this kit lasts longer than you think–I used it for a whole week and still had a good amount left of everything. Here’s what it includes:
- Regenerating Cleanser: This cleanser leaves your skin feeling super clean without being over dried.
- Resurfacing Mask: This is my favorite for dull looking skin!
- Hydrating Floral Essence: This is the secret weapon to maintaining the hydration of your skin while on the plane.
- Rejuvenating Serum: I have been using this before my moisturizer for years and I love it. It helps with smoothing out wrinkles and has anti-aging properties.
- Reparative Moisturizer: I use this one at night because during the day I use a moisturizer with sunblock.
- Eye Cream: This is a great anti-aging moisturizer for the eye area. I use it day and night.
- Retinoic Nutrient Face Oil: This is one of my favorites, especially because I have combination skin! It helps to balance your skin by hydrating where needed and balancing oil and excess sebum on oily parts.
My skin looks dead after I travel, so this mask really helps to revive it. It helps bring back your skin’s moisture, especially after flying. It’s meant to be used twice a week at night, so when I travel I use it the first night so my skin looks refreshed the next day and doesn’t show all the stress that I went through the day before, like listening to a baby on the plane (haha).
So since I am trying to reduce the number of things I bring and I cannot bring my whole pantry with me, I find these beauty dust sachets to be super helpful. I just throw them in my purse and use one each day of the trip. This product not only helps with your skin, but also with your hair. It’s an adaptogenic blend of transformative herbs and pearl (here’s a link to a post that I did on the Pearl powder) that help to combat the effects of stress and makes your skin glow! I like to take with just water or add it to any juice or tea in the morning. The taste doesn’t bother me at all!
What are some of your skin care essentials when traveling? I would love to hear in the comments below!